[Submission] D Slices

eles eles at eles.com
Tue May 31 13:02:17 PDT 2011

> The evidence collected makes it clear to any reasonable observer
that
> enforcing flow of control statements after code in case labels would
> mark a net improvement for D. How big? Probably not bigger than
> operating other improvements. But definitely not negligible.
> Andrei

Then, why not to fight in order to win that "not negligible"
advantage for D? Is the D language in such a good shape that it
allows the luxury of making mistakes? There is no Google, no Sun
Microsystems, no Microsoft behind D!

Why not to aim for the clear cut?

Allowing implicit "fall" is just opposite of that Walter was
presenting at the latest conference: "do not rely on educating users,
enforce it by design!".

*Enforce* it!

I fail to see a pertinent reason why to... not.