BitBucket Offers Git Support

Trass3r un at known.com
Wed Nov 2 06:41:39 PDT 2011

> I don't hate Git. I just don't understand the current opinion and would
> be glad if someone will base is for me, TIA.

Mercurial's biggest problem is how everything is based on extensions (and
none of them is activated by default!!!).
Even indispensable features like record, rebase and stash. I usually have
to activate over dozen plugins just to get a base set of tools I need.

Also there's bookmarks to support git like 'lite' branching but it 's a
PITA to use it as soon as there is more than 1 developer cause everyone
needs to set it up, then everyone needs to remember that they aren't
pushed/pulled by default etc.
Anonymous branches are nice in theory but as soon as you publish them and
accidentally the tip is your anonymous branch everyone who pulls will
imperceptibly work on that branch and not on the actual master.

Configuring it involves manual editing while git-config provides a nice
interface including auto-completion and you don't have to worry which file
it goes to.

The only drawback I experienced is Windoze-specific. There you have
TortoiseHg which makes work really nice while TortoiseGit lacks behind and
msysgit is just a pain.