std.socket

Regan Heath regan at netmail.co.nz
Wed Nov 2 09:45:30 PDT 2011

On Wed, 02 Nov 2011 16:35:25 -0000, Steve Teale
<steve.teale at britseyeview.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 02 Nov 2011 17:17:07 +0100, Jens Mueller wrote:
>> should set it to 10 MiB;
>> I'm unsure about the socket option level. There is also
>> SocketOptionLevel.IP.
>>
> Yes Jens, that's what I thought, and that approach does indeed change the
> buffer size, but not by anything close to what you ask for. I've tried
> both SOCKET and IP.

What operating system are you on?

This may be of interest (even if you're not on windows, as it references
some RFCs etc which may have some bearing on how things work on your OS):

Also, this thread mentions fpathconf() which I've not heard of before
(probably because it's more of a UNIX thing?):
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/565804/max-value-for-so-rcvbuf-in-windows

.. why do you want/need such a large TCPIP recv buffer?

Regan