Native D MySQL Driver

Steve Teale steve.teale at britseyeview.com
Sat Nov 5 09:37:24 PDT 2011

On Sat, 05 Nov 2011 09:34:34 +0100, Somedude wrote:

> A few simple questions/requests:
> 1. Does your library allow to get the resultset by batch of N rows ?
> It's a common requirement for databases that don't have the equivalent
> of the LIMIT clause of MySQL like Oracle. In those DBs, one has to
> resort to cursors to realistically retrieve large resultsets, or to
> write yet again the piece of code to send several successive queries.
>
> 2. would it be possible to automatically map a resultset to an object,
> maybe without having to resort to a full-fledged ORM, in the style of
> MyBatis (but without XML, preferably) ?
>
> 3. While we are on the subject of DB driver, did anyone mention the need
> for managing a connexion pool ?

What I'm working on at the moment is the MySQL driver. That does as you
note have the LIMIT clause so I had no need to do anything special.

I have provided the capability to map rows to a struct. I guess it would
be possible to do the same with a class provided that all the class data
members corresponded to columns, or that a subset of them existed as a
struct with that limitation, or could be identified as candidates in some
way.

Connection pooling is on my list of things to do.

Steve.