Phobos examples and auto

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sat Nov 5 22:37:50 PDT 2011

On 11/5/11 11:29 PM, Steve Teale wrote:

> Andrei,
>
> I don't use auto in everyday code, in fact I don't think I've ever used
> it at all. I've been with D for some years now, but apparently I write
> 'foreign and non-idiomatic' D. This goes just a tad beyond patronizing
> your reader.

It can be safely hypothesized you are, and you shouldn't be offended by
seeing it stated. Patronizing one's reader is an unrelated thing - it
means the author of some writing assumes being more knowledgeable than
the readership.

> Can you write us a brief article that will convince me of its benefits,
> and the error of my ways please. There's no Borders where I live, and
> Amazon does not deliver to Africa, so I don't have the benefit of your
> book.

Unfortunately my schedule doesn't allow it, but sounds like a good
article idea.

Andrei