DSQLite a libraryri using sqlite

bls bizprac at orange.fr
Mon Nov 7 09:18:42 PST 2011

On 11/04/2011 11:47 AM, bioinfornatics wrote:
> i have wrote a litlle lib using etc.c.sqlite3 for use sqlite in D
> Now it is  most easier to use sqlite in D than directly use C interface
>
> I have put here :
> https://github.com/bioinfornatics/DSQLite/blob/master/examples/test_sql.d

Here we are again.
Again, Zero coordination in Phobos development.
-You are working on SQLite,
-Steve is working on MySQL / and more important .. on std.database
-Piotr is working on PostgreSQL,

Steve started his development based a the MySQL CAPI, works almost fine
until - Ultra-nervous License obsessed people bashed that approach...
Sad.
//Beside what was the CAPI manifesto good for ?.

A fee weeks ago I wrote a mail to Steve, in which I mention that a
Top-Down development would make more sense . Means Interfaces/ Design
first.. detail implementation later.
It is indeed very frustrating but I have to say : Sorry Steve, IMHO you
don't see the big picture. std.database will fail.

_SQLite_
Now you came up with a higher level wrapper around sqlite, which is for
sure not compatible to whatever Steve or Piotr have in mind.
--
.....I am afraid that Phobos will take another 3 years to consolidate.
std.database is just another indication for that..