[D-Programming-Deimos] Review process?

Gor Gyolchanyan gor.f.gyolchanyan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 03:01:14 PST 2011

Using SWIG for porting C libraries to D is like using a chainsaw for
vascular incisions: It's extremely heavy and unproductive.
This is all because SWIG generates intermediate binary, which forwards
calls to C functions, which is completely unnecessary.
Furthermore, It translates macro constants into lists of const
variables. This is very unproductive as well, because macro
definitions don't have addresses and const variables do. A human
translator would've put those in a single enum (providing a whole
bunch of extra functionality, like obtaining the string of the enum
symbols).