Phobos examples and auto

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Tue Nov 8 12:22:12 PST 2011

Am 08.11.2011, 20:28 Uhr, schrieb Tobias Pankrath <tobias at pankrath.net>:

> Jonathan M Davis wrote:
>
>> It's bad practice on both counts. Creating an unnecessary alias
>> (especially for a built-in type) just serves to obfuscate code and
>> confuse
>> other programmers. Regardless of the name chosen, it shouldn't be done.
>> And as cool as it may be to be able to use unicode in a .d file, unicode
>> characters are not typeable on most keyboards, so using unicode
>> characters
>> for anything outside of strings is generally a bad idea.
>>
> Exactly what I mean. My point was, that unicode names wouldn't be bad
> practice if everyone could easily write them, which is not the case :-(
>
> I fully agree on the "no alias of build-ins" thing.

Nah, DDOC can help with the obfuscation:
http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/5646/hinton.png
I would not use this in anything that is supposed to end up as a library
for anyone to use.
Maybe in an "open-source" project where I don't actually want others to
mess with my code, but use GitHub's free services. ;)