Damn - again!

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Wed Nov 9 03:21:02 PST 2011

On Wednesday, November 09, 2011 14:47:47 Gor Gyolchanyan wrote:
> I've signed up for puremagic.D using my gmail acoount and i made a
> filder in gmail to add the "D" tag on emails, that come from
> puremagic.D.
> The discussion threads are stored as conversations (a neat feature of
> gmail) and are tagged with a red "D" label, making them very easy to
> work with.

Though gmail has a nasty habit of not sending your own messages to you (the
ones that you send to the list), so it tends to screw up the threading. And
since gmail's threads are linear, they don't handle the mesage hierarchy very
well. I've always used a client on my machine which _is_ able to handle all of
the threading correctly (or at least far better than gmail). And while I used
to use gmail for the e-mail address (even if I didn't use it for reading any
e-mail), I stopped due to issues like it not sending my own e-mails to me. I
switched to gmx.com, which isn't quite a stable, but feature-wise it's much
better IMHO.

Regardless, having an IMAP account and using the mailing list can work quite
well - especially if you're trying to access the newsgroup on multiple
computers and therefore have to worry about syncing between them.

- Jonathan M Davis