Linking Error (WS2_32.LIB)

mta`chrono chrono at mta-international.net
Wed Nov 9 11:49:01 PST 2011

After compiling the sources dmd will call optlink to do the linking. I
don't know why it's failing, but try to pass -v to dmd to see what's
happening.

Once you're done, you'll see how it calls optlink which is documented
here: http://www.digitalmars.com/ctg/optlink.html

Command line operation of OPTLINK uses the following syntax:
LINK obj[,out[,map[,lib[,def[,res]]]]]

Please also have a look at the environment variables (See link). Optlink
will use them as search pathes. But it's also explanied there.

I'm not quite sure, because I'm living in the linux world. But maybe you
could also use the mingw tools to link ???

- mta`chrono