Bartosz about Chapel

Caligo iteronvexor at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 17:46:55 PST 2011

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com>wrote:

> On 11/9/2011 2:45 PM, Danni Coy wrote:
>
>> how many keywords in D are needed because the preprocessor is built into
>> the
>> language itself?
>>

> It's true, people forget about the preprocessor keywords when counting C++
> keywords.

You're right, I did forget about the preprocessor.  Besides the usual
things in the header files, I always try to avoid macros.

There are about 20 directives, so that puts the keywords count for C++ to
101.  It's still fewer than D.  Does that mean D is more complex than C++?

Python with 33, I think most would agree that is has a very consice
grammer.