RFC curl

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Nov 10 00:50:54 PST 2011

On Thursday, November 10, 2011 08:27:53 Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> What is the actual Phobos guideline in naming things that are keywords
> in D. I'm thinking about Method.del, shouldn't it be Method.delete_ or
> something similar, don't know what the guidelines say in this case. BTW,
> I would really like to have more official guidelines somewhere at the
> dpl page.

Thus far, we've taken the approach of tacking an underscore on the end (so
delete would be delete_), but we haven't made any kind of official decision on
it. However, if it's reasonable to use a different word entirely, then that's
generally better. It's stuff like std.traits.FunctionAttribute which pretty
much _has_ to match the keyword where we've appended the underscore (e.g.
pure_ and nothrow_).

- Jonathan M Davis