Reminder: Two days left to review Jesse Phillips' CSV Parser

Dejan Lekic dejan.lekic at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 06:51:38 PST 2011

dsimcha wrote:

> As a reminder, the review of Jesse Phillips' CSV parser ends at the end
> of Friday and will be followed by one week of voting.  Please speak up
> now about any remaining issues.

I humbly believe the package for CSV parser is wrong. It should either be
std.file.format.csv, std.parser.csv or (my personal preference)
std.data.storage.csv . Why I prefer the latest? - CSV is ultimately data
storage format. OK, it is often used for *data* exchange, but even then it
is a *data-storage*. The fact that MariaDB has it as a storage (CSV storage
engine) does not add weight to my argument, but it supports what I am trying
to say. :) std.csv is just wrong. I know, it is nice and short, less typing
etc, but still wrong.

Sure this really is irrelevant to this discussion as csv module can be moved
around any time. :)

Kind regards