ODBC component licenses

Dejan Lekic dejan.lekic at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Nov 10 11:50:03 PST 2011

On 10/11/11 05:55, Steve Teale wrote:
> The libraries for unixODBC and for FreeTDS (communication with SQL
> Server) are LGPL.
>
> Would a D ODBC driver that used these be compatible with Phobos?
>
> Steve

I would strongly advice any DB driver go into a separate library instead
of Phobos. Too many unneeded modules are in Phobos already and more
modules that do not belong in Phobos are about to be accepted...

Possibly all DB drivers could go into one, or separate (better, so one
can load them when needed) libraries. If that is the case, the author
can use any license he or she likes.

Kind regards