State of LDC

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Fri Nov 11 03:37:48 PST 2011

On 11/11/11 8:22 AM, Jude Young wrote:
> https://bitbucket.org/lindquist/ldc/changesets
> Looks like there are some commits a few months back.

LDC moved to GitHub (https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc, DMD 2.056
and LLVM 3.0 support are being worked on by Alexey in branches).
Unfortunately, shortly after the move was done, most of us became
extremely busy with other work, leaving the project, from an outside
point of view, in a limbo between the hosting platforms.

Let me use this opportunity to ask for help in this regard: If you want
to help the LDC project, no matter whether you are experienced with
compiler hacking or not, currently one of the best ways would be to
start/continue migrating all the (Wiki, …) content from DSource to
GitHub (the project Wiki and possibly Pages). Alexey is doing a great
job regarding D2 (we recently switched the default build target to
LDC2), but currently, LDC looks worse than it really is simply because
no one took the time to sit down and update the website/docs…

If you are interested, let us know via #ldc @freenode or GitHub pull
requests. ;)

David