ODBC component licenses

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Fri Nov 11 07:32:00 PST 2011

On 2011-11-11 14:06, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 05:49:32 -0500, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:
>> If dlopen is used to load a dynamic library then there shouldn't be
>> any problem. It will be automatically loaded and only when needed.
>
> The subject of this discussion (FreeTDS) apparently only comes in static
> library form (unless we want to build and support dynamic libraries of it).
>
> -Steve

Hmm, I have FreeTDS installed as a dynamic library and I'm using it via
Ruby on Rails. But I can see on the freetds FAQ page that it doesn't
provide a dynamic library any more. I didn't know about that.

It seems one should have some kind of client library, which I assume can
be a dynamic library.

--
/Jacob Carlborg