State of LDC

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Fri Nov 11 09:16:22 PST 2011

On 11/11/11 6:00 PM, dsimcha wrote:
> Excellent, though if it works reasonably well with Linux-64 the wiki should
> reflect this.  I thought I'd give it a try for some stuff that is extremely
> performance critical and requires good optimization.  I followed the instructions
> at https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc/wiki/Installation and I keep getting the
> following build error:
>
> [ 23%] Built target ldc2
> [ 24%] Generating src/rt/util/utf.o, src/rt/util/utf.bc
> object.d: Error: module object is in file 'object.d' which cannot be read
>
> import path[0] = /home/dsimcha/ldcStuff/ldc/druntime/src
> import path[1] = /home/dsimcha/ldcStuff/ldc/druntime/src/gc
> import path[2] = /home/dsimcha/apps/include/d
> import path[3] = /home/dsimcha/apps/include/d/phobos
> import path[4] = /home/dsimcha/apps/include/d/ldc
> make[3]: *** [runtime/src/rt/util/utf.o] Error 1
> make[2]: *** [runtime/CMakeFiles/druntime-ldc.dir/all] Error 2
> make[1]: *** [runtime/CMakeFiles/phobos2.dir/rule] Error 2
> make: *** [phobos2] Error 2
>
> Any suggestions on what I could be doing wrong?

You did check out the druntime/Phobos submodules, right (if you hadn't
initially, try deleting the build directory and running CMake again)?
Other than that, I can't really say much – seems like the search paths
could be off, but Jonathan Mercier recently adapted the build scripts
for Fedora packaging, so he'd probably be the one to answer the question.

David