State of LDC

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri Nov 11 10:31:00 PST 2011

On 11/11/2011 5:43 AM, Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
> On 11-11-2011 14:35, dsimcha wrote:

>>> It is on GitHub: https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc
>>>
>>> - Alex
>>
>> This needs to be publicized somewhere. This whole time I thought LDC was
>> dead because I was looking on Thomas Lindquist's BitBucket repo, which
>> hasn't been updated since July.
>
> Come to think of it, I don't think it was announced anywhere but on IRC. There
> was, however, an NG post a while back, asking whether LDC could be hosted under
> the DPL organization on GitHub (it didn't get much of any attention...).

I hadn't noticed that request.

I don't know if it is a good idea or not to put it under d-programming-language.
One issue is it might run out of space for the free version :-) Another might be
the implication of who is in charge of it.

Anyhow, may I make a suggestion? I tried to make a deimos project under github,
but that was taken. So instead, I thought of d-programming-deimos, which seems
perfect. Can I suggest renaming ldc-developers to d-programming-ldc? I think
that would help tie the D related projects together.

Right now, someone looking at "ldc-developers" would have no idea it is related
to D.

Prefixing D projects with "d-programming" would help out with brand visibility.