[OT] Re: Bartosz about Chapel

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri Nov 11 11:50:53 PST 2011

On 11/11/2011 11:23 AM, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> Sadly though, something similar happened before: Husband kills her separated
> wife after misunderstanding her text message (or something like that). Although
> I can't find a link to the news story now.

Reminds me of a bit in one of those old WW2 documentaries. A british soldier was
taught a bit of german. One day, he comes up on a german occupied pillbox and
orders:

    Raus! Oder ich shiessen  (Come out, or I'll shoot!)

He was mystified by the sounds of laughter coming from the pillbox. Eventually,
the germans did come out and surrender, and they told him he'd actually said:

    Raus! Oder ich sheissen  (Come out, or I'll shit!)