RFC curl

Jonas Drewsen jdrewsen at nospam.com
Fri Nov 11 12:19:53 PST 2011

Den 11-11-2011 19:25, Mirko Pilger skrev:
>> Anyone have an opinion about this?
>
> i mean no disrespect to the work you have invested. i like the new api
> and looking forward to use it, but isn't the integration of curl into
> phobos a kind of placeholder until somebody finally implements
> std.net.http, std.net.ftp, etc.?
>
> i really believe high or low level wrapper code around 3rd party
> libraries shouldn't "pollute" the std.* namespace and stay in etc.* or
> maybe end up in a new package like lib.*, external.* or extra.*.
>
> mirko

I agree. That is why I put it into etc.curl initially and not std.curl.
Then when a package manager is in place (think CPAN) the entire etc.*
could be pulled out. But until then it is a nice place to have it I think.

Anyway - it seems there are several people who wants it in std for now.
I guess it wouldn't be that bad to move it out of std again at some
point when a native http/ftp is implemented.

/Jonas