[OT] Re: Bartosz about Chapel

Daniel Gibson metalcaedes at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 12:26:27 PST 2011

Am 11.11.2011 19:54, schrieb Ali Çehreli:
> On 11/11/2011 09:56 AM, Daniel Gibson wrote:
>
>  > (Also none-ascii chars in code outside of strings is bad IMHO)
>
> In English code, right? :)
>
> There are real problems of using the ASCII relatives of Turkish letters:
>
> döndür: return
> dondur: freeze
> dön: turn
> don: underwear
> sık: squeeze
> sik: (a four-letter word)
>
> Thousands more... :)
>
> Ali

I (almost?) always use english variables, classnames etc, even though
it's not my native tongue.
And if I, for whatever reason, use non-english names I still stick to
ascii.
I just image that someone else will want to understand or modify my code
and he may not speak my language and may not have umlauts and stuff like
that on his keyboard.

As I said, this does not apply to strings that are displayed to the
user, obviously.