Python vs D [ was Re: Bartosz about Chapel ]

J Arrizza cppgent0 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 18:30:44 PST 2011

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Danni Coy <danni.coy at gmail.com> wrote:

> Isn't that more or less what Wayland is (minus the D bit)?
>>
> I am pretty sure that Qt,Gtk and there respective D bindings will run on
> top of it.

Perhaps it is.

Unfortunately I may have muddied the waters a little. My point is that
predicting the killer app is difficult. It may end being a web framework.
It may be a windowing library. Or not.

A better strategy is to make the repository easy to add to for contributors
and easy to use for people using it. If there is going to be a popular
app/utility/framework that comes out of that, it will happen. The greater
the variety and depth, the better.

John