Digital Mars Website

Jude Young 10equals2 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 12:41:58 PST 2011

On Sat 12 Nov 2011 02:19:21 PM CST, Jeff Nowakowski wrote:
> On 11/11/2011 05:58 PM, Jude Young wrote:
>>
>> I came very close to assuming D was dead and going off to look at
>> another language. (I was considering Go, But I hate the forced {}
>> syntax)
>
> It's funny, the trivial reasons that people will come up with to
> choose a programming language.

Please, I'm sure there's worse.
My real problem with it is that there doesn't seem to be any logical
reason for it.
I just consider it annoying. And when the language doesn't seem to have
anything else over D, I chose the one that let me have my cake and eat
it too.

First impression of Go: if y'all are gonna be that anal about one
little detail...
First impression of D: much cleaner syntax, C compatible, dead?(yes I
had to throw that in there.)

Y'all should be thankful I nitpick, otherwise I'd be using Go and not
attempting to get my friends to try D.  ; )