Bartosz about Chapel

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Sun Nov 13 08:15:35 PST 2011

That hasn't been my experience, even at a community college I attended. I think it's really up to the teacher though, barring a school like Caltech that actually has policies to encourage better teaching methods. Ironically, some very well-respected schools seem to be big offenders. Berkeley, for example, uses scantron tests almost exclusively, from what I understand, and combined with the drive to achieve, I've heard that cheating there is rampant. It's not size though. I attended a CSU that had smaller classes and no standardized testing.

Sent from my iPhone