Website message overhaul

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 14 06:34:08 PST 2011

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 05:49:41 -0500, Walter Bright
<newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> On 11/14/2011 2:36 AM, so wrote:
>> On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 12:06:52 +0200, Walter Bright
>> <newshound2 at digitalmars.com>
>> wrote:

>>> There used to be a comparison chart. Everyone hated it.
>>
>> Not everyone, it was the first thing i checked, C++/C/C++0x comparison.
>
> Well, it's dead and will not be resurrected. The criticism of it was
> heavy, pitiless and unrelenting. And correct.

http://www.d-programming-language.org/new/comparison.html

Although it's not comparing itself to anything.

Two comments on this page:

1. The chart is very tall and thin, it seems like a waste of space.
Perhaps we could add a "notes" column to consolidate some of the
descriptions later.
2. It should not be titled "Comparison" since there is no comparisons
going on.  The title on the left is called "Features".  That sounds much
better.
3. Reading a lot of the notes on the bottom, it seems like it expects the
chart to be comparing to C and C++.
4. Would it not be a valid place to list D1 features as well for
comparison?

-Steve