Website message overhaul

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Mon Nov 14 07:31:46 PST 2011

"Nick Sabalausky" <a at a.a> wrote in message
news:j9rbtd$2qqj$1 at digitalmars.com...
> "Andrei Alexandrescu" <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote in message
> news:j9ps5n$30nq$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> Walter and I have been working on the website for a while. We want to
>> crystallize a clear message of what the D programming language is.
>>
>> Please take a look at http://d-programming-language.org/new/. The work is
>> content-only (no significant changes in style, though collapsible
>> examples and twitter news are a new style element).
>>
>> Feedback is welcome.
>>

> I really think we need a link to the changelog. I can't even *find* a way
> to navigate to the changelog from d-p-l.org.

Speaking of the changelog, the d-p-l.org version of the changelog (which I
had to get to by typing in the URL directly) is showing 2.056 as completely
blank:

http://www.d-programming-language.org/changelog.html

Also, the justified-text should probably be disabled for this page since it
just doesn't work well for this type of content. In particular, see the
"New/Changed Features" section for 2.055. Most of it looks fine since the
lines aren't long enough to wrap (in which case the justification isn't even
doing *anything*), but then there's this absolutely hideous line in the
middle that says "The          names           of           the
values           of           std.mmfile.Mode,..."