Website message overhaul

Vladimir Panteleev vladimir at thecybershadow.net
Mon Nov 14 12:25:09 PST 2011

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 22:16:11 +0200, Andrei Alexandrescu

> On 11/14/11 11:55 AM, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
>> On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 21:45:58 +0200, Andrei Alexandrescu
>> <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote:
>>
>>> There was more text on the page before, including a code example that
>>> wasn't very illustrative.
>>
>> Most other front pages are still more varied and dynamic.
>> What happened with the ideas to have the latest commits / newsgroup
>> topics / etc. in a box on the front page?
>
> What happened is that nobody took those to completion. I did all I could
> in a limited amount of time. My focus was the message more than the
> presentation.

I could easily do the technical part (I already have something that
announces GitHub events, newsgroup and twitter posts on the #d IRC
channel).

Should it be multiple boxes, or one single feed? I could format it as a
single chronological list, with multiple syndicated sources. (Icons can be
used to visually distinguish event sources.)

--
Best regards,
  Vladimir                            mailto:vladimir at thecybershadow.net