Website message overhaul

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Mon Nov 14 12:40:58 PST 2011

On 2011-11-14 19:41:28 +0000, Michel Fortin <michel.fortin at michelf.com> said:

> On 2011-11-14 01:50:04 +0000, Andrei Alexandrescu
> <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> said:
>
>> Walter and I have been working on the website for a while. We want to
>> crystallize a clear message of what the D programming language is.
>>
>> Please take a look at http://d-programming-language.org/new/. The work
>> is content-only (no significant changes in style, though collapsible
>> examples and twitter news are a new style element).
>>
>> Feedback is welcome.
>
> I kind of like it, the structure. I don't like the visual presentation
> (but I understand that will come later). But most of all I think you're
> being too wordy.
>
> (I haven't read most of the thread yet, so sorry if I am just repeating
> what others have said.)

More comments:

At least make the key words bold in the lists of features so you can
scan the text and pass over the parts that are not interesting to you.

The news section is empty for me (I get an empty twitter frame with a
join the conversation link). I guess that's my fault for using browser
extensions to disable various web tracking APIs, so I won't complain.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://michelf.com/