Website message overhaul

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Mon Nov 14 17:08:27 PST 2011

On 11/14/11 3:02 PM, Lutger Blijdestijn wrote:
> Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>
>> On 11/13/11 8:37 PM, bearophile wrote:
>>> Andrei Alexandrescu:

>>> The overall look is nice, I like the foldable examples, but I think
>>> there's too much text for a home page. I think it's better to move lot of
>>> text in a "introduction" page.
>>>
>>> I suggest to avoid titles like "Multi-paradigm power", because they sound
>>> a bit too much too buzzwordy.
>>
>> What characteristic of D would you substitute as a major differentiating
>> feature?
>
> I like the term modeling power a lot, and would use this as the main point.
> It's straightforward, suggests a trade-off and has a pragmatic connotation.

I don't see it that way. It dilutes the message by replacing it with a
vague claim. "Multi-paradigm language" has a rather precise meaning -
you get to use several major programming styles within the language.
"Modeling power" is rather subjective as I think many languages, even
the underpowered ones, would claim having modeling power. But a language
that doesn't do e.g. objects can't claim being multi-paradigm.

Andrei