[D-Programming-Deimos] Review process?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Mon Nov 14 21:06:20 PST 2011

On 11/14/2011 5:54 AM, Jude Young wrote:
> Ok, I think that the ncurses bindings are about ready.
> Just something to remember: ncurses is HUGE.

The header files, too?

> There are probably hidden bugs somewhere.
>
> So there are a few questions that I'd like answered before I send a
> pull request.
> 1. layout of the files.  I see that lzma is currently using C folder to
> house the C.h and deimos to house the .d files.
>      Is this the standard that all of the repos should follow?  I have
> simply put the .d files in the top level.
>      Which would be the preferred method?

The latter (.d files at the top level).

> 2. What will be the criteria for deciding what gets into Deimos?  I
> understand not wanting to allow cruft and unsupportable bindings into
> Deimos, but at the same time, some of the projects would benefit
>      from bug reports.

Deimos is for interfaces to publicly available C libraries. For inclusion to
Deimos, those libraries ought to be notable, high quality, and reasonably well
known, i.e. you can do an "apt get" for them on Ubuntu.

> 3. Can we get a set standard way to request that a new repo be added?
> I have ZeroMQ ready, but I'm a little unsure who to contact about
> adding it.  I don't really want to bother anyone...

Just letting me, Andrei, or Brad know will do for now.