Website message overhaul

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Nov 15 01:04:06 PST 2011

On 11/15/2011 12:28 AM, Paulo Pinto wrote:
> then following you description Go is also multiparadigm.
>
> Go: imperative, functional, component programming

Since Go does not offer function purity or data immutability, its support for
functional programming is lacking.

"functional programming is a programming paradigm that treats computation as the
evaluation of mathematical functions and avoids state and mutable data."

-- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Functional_programming

Is "component programming" a paradigm or a style? I think pretty much every
language supports component programming in one form or another.