Website message overhaul

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Tue Nov 15 05:54:28 PST 2011

"Andrei Alexandrescu" <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote in message
news:j9tpsf$1k7f$1 at digitalmars.com...

> Java does not allow one to write a free function (which stands in the way
> of it being imperative)

For all I know it's possible I might not be technically correct, but I've
always understood imperative as meaning that it typically executes one
statement, then the next, then the next, etc, as opposed to being
declarative where the flow of execution isn't so step-by-step. That makes
Java every bit as much imperative as it is OO, if not more imperative than
OO (with Smalltalk being much more heavily OO than Java).