Website message overhaul

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Tue Nov 15 06:23:39 PST 2011

"Jacob Carlborg" <doob at me.com> wrote in message
news:j9t5gq$88e$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 2011-11-15 03:18, Kapps wrote:
>> There should be a very noticeable "Download Now" button on the page
>> itself, without having to look at the sidebar. Every time I go to
>> download DMD, it is always annoying trying to figure out where the link
>> is. Even more confusing the first time you do it. Ideally, it could
>> auto-detect your OS and send you to a download link directly for it, but
>> that starts becoming too dynamic and may be too much effort to detect in
>> a good way.
>
> Just use DVM to install the latest compiler, then it's only:
>
> "dvm install -l"
>
> https://bitbucket.org/doob/dvm

DVM really should be officially sanctioned and prominently recommended on
d-p-l.org.

I think the only big improvement DVM could really use at this point is a
system-wide installation option that avoids the "edit .bashrc/whatever..."
step on Posix. With just that, I really think it should be the #1
recommended way of obtaining DMD. And installers should be based upon it.