Website message overhaul

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Tue Nov 15 09:22:42 PST 2011

Am 15.11.2011, 04:43 Uhr, schrieb Walter Bright
<newshound2 at digitalmars.com>:

> I am surprised at the negative reaction, because when I've done
> presentations about D revolving around it being multi-paradigm, the
> reaction was always positive.

Reading between the lines, it is probably just the combination - as Michel
Fortin pointed out - of qualifiers and goals that looks odd. In an actual
presentation you would not say "Now let's look at D's multi-paradigm
power!" - "D's what?"
"Mutli-paradigm" may be overused, but - despite the discussion here - I
would think of it as supporting fundamentally different approaches, like
pure functional and OOP. It is up to the text below, to explain exactly
what D has to offer there. Remember how you changed invariant to
immutable? Try to think of giving a presentation and how you would
introduce multi-paradigm there to the audience.
"Native code" is also more recognizable than "Native efficiency", I think.
And everyone already knows that native code is efficient.