newsgroup web viewer

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 20:51:01 PST 2011

Jesse Phillips Wrote:
> My interest in a web reader is a way see which messages I have read, a
> tree view, and a way to respond.

Yeah, showing it as read is a good idea. I was thinking to use the
browser history for that, but that requires loading each post individually -
which is ok, but I prefer seeing it all on one page.

> However, if there was a list of current headlines, a viewing like your
> example, and the ability to respond, I think that would make a good
> addition to the website and the "current headlines" could replace the
> twitter feed (probably using the announce group).

I've also done thread index page:
http://arsdnet.net/d-web-site/nntp/thread-index?newsgroup=digitalmars.D

or mini index:
http://arsdnet.net/d-web-site/

It looks like there's enough interest here, so I'll see about finishing this off in this
coming week.