newsgroup web viewer

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 21:03:13 PST 2011

bcs Wrote:
> Either that's not working, it's not what I want or the stylesheet thing
> is getting in the way.

Stylesheet... did a quick adjustment, try now:

http://arsdnet.net/d-web-site/nntp/get-thread?newsgroup=digitalmars.D&messageId=%3Cj9ps5n%2430nq%241%40digitalmars.com%3E&ordering=ByParent

> Do you actually enjoy having to guess what something is in reply to?

There's no guesswork at all. People quote what they are replying to when it
matters, like you and I are doing now.

> Or
> how about the fun you can have trying to locate replies to a given post?

On the other hand, finding new posts is virtually impossible with a tree
view, because it's mixed in at random.

> Or what about when one branch of a thread goes off on a interesting
> tangent and another dives down a rabbit hole you couldn't care less about?

This might be an idea to put into the UI. All the parent information is
there, so it could zap a subthread out of view instantly, regardless of view mode.