newsgroup web viewer

Adam Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 08:04:15 PST 2011

bcs Wrote:
> Cut the tab size by about 60% and that's usable.

OK

> OTOH it will still end
> up with a column size of -10 pt about the time threads get interesting.

Another fundamentally broken aspect of tree views.

> And if anyone keeps more than about 3 layers of quoting you need to be
> Tolstoy to be more than half the content.

Well, the way I see it, if you're quoting more than two lines at a
time, you're probably over-quoting.

Remember, in both linear and tree views, getting back to the
parent post is very easy, and if someone is reading the reply, it
is likely that he read the parent already anyway.

> I hit the N key or look for the bold titles.

How is that N key implemented?

boldEach(find!"a.timestamp > b"(sort!"a.timestamp < b.timestamp")
   (messages));

or something like that.