Website message overhaul

Xinok xinok at live.com
Thu Nov 17 11:48:00 PST 2011

> Walter and I have been working on the website for a while. We want to
> crystallize a clear message of what the D programming language is.
>
> Please take a look at http://d-programming-language.org/new/. The work
> is content-only (no significant changes in style, though collapsible
> examples and twitter news are a new style element).
>
> Feedback is welcome.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Andrei

I would suggest adding a single paragraph at the beginning which
summarizes the language and it's benefits. It should be straight to the
point. The first item on that page is type deduction, which isn't a good
way to start.

What type of language is it? It's a statically typed language which
compiles to native machine code, but with modern features like garbage
collection or dynamic arrays.

What are its benefits? Higher productivity, fewer bugs, native speed,
fast compilation.

Those are the first things to come to mind when I think of D. Then in
the following bullet points, you can provide examples and break it down
in greater detail.