newsgroup web viewer

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 06:06:14 PST 2011

bcs Wrote:
> And you have to acknowledge that a significant of people do see this as
> getting it right.

That's why I've had a [Tree] link in the program since almost the beginning.

> If they are suboptimal and bad, how do you then explain that the most
> prolific form of electronic communication has a model that is almost
> identical to NNTP?

Very few people use email sub-threads. Most emails are individual
things that come into your box linearly. I rarely see sub threads used even
in mailing lists.

Other email threads are one level deep threads. This is the only
view a lot of popular clients even bother supporting.

(this does bring up something - my emails are marked as read individually.
They are unread based on time, but read based on being open with an
individual flag in the message. So I was wrong about that before.)