Website message overhaul

Nicolae Mihalache xpromache at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 09:33:18 PST 2011

Hello,

As a potential new D user (just discovered this language 1 week ago),
I can tell the following:
1. It is very likely that the first idea about D will be obtained from
the wikipedia rather that the D website.
2. Someone that passed over this first step, will soon be confused by
the D2 vs D1 and phobos vs tango debate.
3. Someone that will pass over the second step will be even more
confused discovering that the dsource website linked from the main D
programming website is obsolete (seems most projects are moving to
github) and there is no up2date list of projects using D2.

I'm not sure about the point 3 but that is where I am after one week.

If you look at this page
http://www.d-programming-language.org/future.html, it talks about
future post 1.0 plans. Is this the version 1.0 of D2.0?

I think you should have a page describing the history of D to clear
out the confusion.

no need to answer my email, better fix the website in the same time.

mache