Website message overhaul

Derek ddparnell at bigpond.com
Fri Nov 18 12:41:33 PST 2011

On Sat, 19 Nov 2011 02:12:15 +1100, Andrei Alexandrescu

> On 11/18/11 2:16 AM, Derek wrote:
>> On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 17:38:49 +1100, Andrei Alexandrescu
>> <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote:

>> DPL has a large memory footprint.
>
> Compared to what?

When a minimum D program is compiled, the executable is huge compared to
the source code size. There are good reasons for that, but it is not a
small footprint.

>> I'm no word-smith, but the front page of the D site ought to avoid
>> ambiguous and meaningless buzz. It needs to be straight talking and
>> engaging.
>
> Then please give some good examples of straight talk that's engaging.

I repeat ... I'm no word-smith; you have books to your name.

DPL ...
* Takes advantage of recent progress in programming language design,
which  makes coding more convenient.
* Supports multiple coding models, such as OOP, Functional, Procedural,
and System-level.
* Generates native machine code (no interpretation or virtual machine),
which makes for efficient code.

--
Derek Parnell
Melbourne, Australia