newsgroup web viewer

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Nov 18 20:41:29 PST 2011

On Friday, November 18, 2011 20:10:26 bcs wrote:
> On 11/18/2011 06:06 AM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> > bcs Wrote:
> >> And you have to acknowledge that a significant of people do see this
> >> as
> >> getting it right.
> >
> > That's why I've had a [Tree] link in the program since almost the
> > beginning.>
> >> If they are suboptimal and bad, how do you then explain that the most
> >> prolific form of electronic communication has a model that is almost
> >> identical to NNTP?
> >
> > Very few people use email sub-threads. Most emails are individual
> > things that come into your box linearly. I rarely see sub threads used
> > even in mailing lists.
> >
> > Other email threads are one level deep threads. This is the only
> > view a lot of popular clients even bother supporting.
>
> Weather or not a particular e-mail client chooses to present e-mails as
> a tree like structure, the medium its self has a tree like structure.

One of the main reasons that I use a local e-mail client to read the newsgroup
/ mailing list is so that I can have a property tree structure, since online
portals for e-mail all seem to suck at threading. But regardless of whether a
particular client chooses to show the threading, the tree structure is most
definitely there.

- Jonathan M Davis