std.csv: Vote in this thread

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Sat Nov 19 09:06:23 PST 2011

"dsimcha" <dsimcha at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:j9mhc9$2ogp$1 at digitalmars.com...

> 1.  Whether std.csv should be included in Phobos.

No, not yet.

I hate to be the "no" guy, especially this late in the game, but I think the
exceptions need some attention. Specifically, I think we should consider
that IncompleteCellException and HeaderMismatchException should inherit from
CSVException. If the reason they aren't is because row and col aren't always
available (I don't know whether that's the case or not), then maybe row and
col should be somehow nullable (maybe as a mini class).

I'm also concerned about "Record" and "Records", which people won't usually
use directly, cluttering the importer's namespace and causing unnecessary
conflicts.

> 2.  Whether version one or version two (see below) should be included
> **if** std.csv is included at all.

Version 1.

Documenting the ranges in, say, std.algorithm would be a bad idea, but for
std.csv I think it makes sense.