Website message overhaul

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sat Nov 19 16:02:14 PST 2011

On 11/19/2011 3:41 PM, Jeff Nowakowski wrote:
> On 11/19/2011 03:21 PM, Walter Bright wrote:
>>
>> To me, multi-paradigm means I can switch paradigms. Ocaml is functional,
>> there's no switching away from that.
>
> What does that even mean? Are you thinking of Haskell? OCaml has object-oriented
> features and allows imperative constructs.

If a language has all variables being immutable, then the functional aspect of
it is not something you can move away from, hence the functional aspect would
not contribute to multi-paradigm-ness.

If I could use a language with mutable variables, or use that same language with
immutable variables, then that would be multi-paradigm.