Website message overhaul

Bane branimir.milosavljevic at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 17:23:34 PST 2011

> There is 'D' the language and 'DMD' the implementation. You confuse the
> two. The quirks you are talking about are DMD's, but the specification
> is that of D. DMD needs to be fixed, and that is what the 'core people'
> are working on.

I am using dmd compilers just because I believe they are first to implement new features and define standard for language. I might be wrong.

> BTW, I have never felt much PITA when working with DMD even though I
> have hit a few bugs. What are the specific quirks you are referring to?

D1 is joy for me. It is simple and fairly nicely documented. With it I have no problems. D2 is whole different ball game.

> > Delete docs, start from scratch, this time documenting only what is and not what it might become one day. Unfortunately, this can be done only by core people who really know how D ticks, and they are probably occupied with other stuff.
> >

> I agree that the specification should be reworked and made thorough and
> unambiguous. I completely disagree that DMD bugs should be incorporated
> into the D language specification.

I didn't say bugs should be incorporated. I say features not working on certain implementations should be clearly documented. Preferably in D language manual, as I believe that should be primary source for learning.