Phobos Wish List/Next in Review Queue?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Sat Nov 19 19:42:28 PST 2011

dsimcha:

> I decided to start a thread to help us make a rough plan for
> Phobos's short-to-medium term development.

Not too much time ago there was a Phobos wish list thread. I suggest you to take a look at it (it contains my answer too, so I think there is no need to repeat it here).

> 2.  Come up with a wish list of high-priority modules that Phobos is
> missing that would make D a substantially more attractive language than
> it is now.

It's not just a matter of modules, but also of few functions to add to existing modules. I have some of those.
Another thing that will improve D attractiveness for people that try D for the fist time is to find ways to make more Phobos functions work with const/immutable input data (like string functions).

Bye,
bearophile