Website message overhaul

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Sat Nov 19 20:11:10 PST 2011

On 11/14/11, Andrei Alexandrescu <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote:
> Please take a look at http://d-programming-language.org/new/. T

I think you could add screenshots and links to D IDE's like
VisualD/DDT/XCode, IDEs are one of the first things any newbie posts
about and it should be one of the first things they see listed on the
website.

I don't like this:
"Concurrency seems difficult? Fear no more. D offers an innovative
approach featuring true immutable data, no sharing by default, and
controlled mutable sharing across threads."

You start advertising how simple concurrency is and then go into
unnecessary detail that people unfamiliar with concurrency techniques
will be confused with.

I'd rewrite it to: "D is multicore-ready. It's flagship
message-passing technology will make your programs efficient, correct,
and scale to the multicore hardware of tomorrow."

You could put a "Read more" link to some page that describes the other
techniques like using shared/gshared/etc.

I'd replace "To contribute" with "Join the dev team" or "Open to
Contributions", or something invitational like that.

Last point, there should really be a "Download now" or "Get it now" or
"Try it out!" button somewhere. Almost every programming language
website has a nice graphical download link that's easily spotted.