Phobos Wish List/Next in Review Queue?

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sun Nov 20 05:53:27 PST 2011

On 2011-11-20 04:02, dsimcha wrote:
> Now that we've got a lot of contributors to Phobos and many projects in
> the works, I decided to start a thread to help us make a rough plan for
> Phobos's short-to-medium term development. There are three goals here:
>
> 1. Determine what's next in the review queue after std.csv (voting on
> std.csv ends tonight, so **please vote**).

Isn't it better to add a list on the wiki so we don't have to do this
all over yet again.

> 2. Come up with a wish list of high-priority modules that Phobos is
> missing that would make D a substantially more attractive language than
> it is now.

I would really like to see high level networking support, something like
the CURL wrapper.

> * Serialization. (Jacob Carolberg's Orange library might be a good
> candidate. IIRC he said it's close to ready for review.)

This is ready for (pre-)review and have been that for quite a while now.

> * Better support for creating processes/new std.process. (Lars
> Kyllingstad wrote a replacement candidate for Posix and Steve
> Schveighoffer ported it to Windows, but issues with the DMC runtime
> prevent it from working on Windows.)

Wasn't there a fix for the DMC runtime? In that case, why isn't it
already applied?

--
/Jacob Carlborg