Phobos Wish List/Next in Review Queue?

Alex Rønne Petersen xtzgzorex at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 13:23:32 PST 2011

On 20-11-2011 22:19, Jesse Phillips wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Nov 2011 15:12:27 -0500, dsimcha wrote:
>
>> On 11/20/2011 12:30 PM, Jonas Drewsen wrote:
>> If noone else wants to volunteer, I will again.  Is there something I'm
>> missing?  I find that being review manage takes very little effort: Post
>> an initial review announcement, post a reminder, maybe post a
>> summary/moderation message here and there, post a vote message, post a
>> vote reminder, tally votes.  It really doesn't take much time.
>
> I think there is at least one thing missing from that:
>
> http://www.boost.org/community/reviews.html#Review_Manager
>
> Making sure it is ready for review :D. There is also "If necessary, work
> with the submitter to verify the code compiles and runs correctly on
> several compilers and platforms." Not that you must do it yourself, or
> that we are collaborating with GDC and LDC yet.

Which, by the way, is a shame. druntime may be compiler-specific, but
Phobos is the D standard library and, as such, should definitely compile
on all mainstream compilers. This ought to be part of the review
process. The problem with doing it, though, is that currently even
Phobos is merged manually into GDC, and LDC maintains a fork...

- Alex