Website message overhaul, pass 2

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Sun Nov 20 15:38:38 PST 2011

On Sunday, November 20, 2011 17:31:57 Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 11/20/11 5:22 PM, Danni Coy wrote:
> >
> >     "D naturally compiles to efficient native code."

> >     "D compiles naturally to efficient native code."
> >
> > I think that naturally applies to D rather than compiles
> > so perhaps
> > "Naturally D compiles to efficient native code."
>
> That Yoda sounds said like.

Well, if it were "Naturally, D compiles to efficient, native code," then it
means something similar to "Obviously, D compiles to efficient, native code."
But the naturally that the original phrase uses is a different definition. So,
yes, if naturally were to keep the same meaning with this suggested rewrite,
it would be Yoda-talk, but most people would probably take it as a different
meaning of the word entirely.

- Jonathan M Davis